A successful Product Information Management (PIM) program is essential to digital channel effectiveness and revenue growth.
PIM is a tool that helps companies centralize and harmonize all the technical and marketing information of their products. It is a business process that eliminates manual spreadsheets over time and positions the tool as a single source of truth for product information. Using a holistic approach, Codifyd strives for success of the overall business process, not just the technical implementation of the PIM. We have battle-tested consultants and tools to assure PIM is delivered, on-time, on-budget, and to return value.
In order to support multiple business units, systems and sectors, Codifyd creates a customized PIM program using a 7 phase methodology:
Complete all key project planning
activities including scope.
- • Review PIM Solution Roadmap
- • Confirm Project Scope
- • Develop Detailed Work Plan
- • Develop Resource Plan
- • Develop Risk Management Plan
- • Establish Project Monitoring and Control Procedures
- • Official Project Kick-off
Establish & execute roll out plan for
installation of hardware and software.
- • Establish PIM Environment Roll-Out Plans
- • Establish Inbound and Outbound PIM Integration Architecture
- • Define Hardware and Software Requirements for Planned Environments
- • Acquire and Install Hardware and Software Requirements for Planned Environments
Gather core requirements and document
- • Provide PIM Overview Training
- • Conduct Conceptual Design Workshops
- • Analyze Workshop Results
- • Define Data Governance Goals and Approach
- • Define Data Migration Approach
- • Define High Level Integration Requirements
- • Define Data Localization and Translation Approach
- • Define Change and Release Management Approach
- • Define Training Approach
- • Define Testing Approach
- • Establish Project Acceptance Criteria
Define use cases and requirements
through detail design.
- • Conduct Detailed Design Sessions
- • Document Entity Types, Links, Media Files, Fields, Fieldsets, Specs, CLVs, Hierarchies
- • Define preliminary data governance processes, rules, roles, responsibilities, and metrics
- • Define users, roles, and restrictions
- • Design workflows, business rules (data quality checks), and user interface components
Construct and develop all solution
components per detailed design.
- • Configure Data Model
- • Build inbound data migration and integration components
- • Load sample data into data model using inbound migration components
- • Finalize data governance processes, rules, roles, responsibilities, and metrics
- • Configure users, roles, and restrictions
- • Build and validate user experience components in iterative cycles
- • Build outbound integration components
- • Draft and publish user and administrator functional documentation
- • Conduct administrator training
- • Conduct integration, system, and performance testing
Conduct user acceptance testing, ready
environment and go live.
- • Promote solution components to user acceptance testing environment
- • Load user acceptance testing data into data model using inbound migration components
- • Conduct user training
- • Promote solution components to production environment
- • Load production data into data model using inbound migration components
Provide post-deployment support.
- • Provide post-deployment support
- • Assess implemented solution
- • Update PIM solution roadmap